Date: October 2018
karenrobinsononline (also described in this document as “the company”) is committed to protecting you whenever you make contact, take out a membership, cancel a subscription or divulge any personal or financial information.
And in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines “the company” wants you and your details to be safe and secure at all times.
This information relates to:
- any email, text or SMS correspondence with karenrobinsononline
- any interaction with “the company” via social media or other websites
- all details divulged during phone conversations
- any financial details gathered, used or stored in relation to any service provided by “the company”
In order to provide you with a personal and professional service, “the company” will sometimes need to collect and handle information about you.
This document explains the following:
• what information karenrobinsononline may collect about you
• how “the company” will use the information collected about you
• when these details may be used by “the company” to contact you
• whether karenrobinsononline will disclose your details to anyone else
• your rights regarding the personal information you provide and how it is used
In keeping with GDPR guidelines and best practice with regards to general Data Protection, karenrobinsononline is committed to safeguarding your personal information.
Whenever you provide such information, “the company” is legally obliged to use your details in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act.
No website or online transaction can be deemed as 100% secure, so if you have any concerns that the information you have divulged might have been compromised in any way, please notify “the company” immediately via the contact details located at the bottom of this document.
karenrobinsononline hosts websites which contain hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, and data collection and handling procedures, and you are reminded to review them as a matter of course.
They will govern the use of personal information you submit when visiting these websites, and karenrobinsononline does not accept any responsibility, or liability, for the privacy practices of such third party websites, and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Who or what is karenrobinsononline?
karenrobinsononline formed in October 2018 has Karen Robinson acting as the sole/main director and Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The business is home based and the registered address is 79 The Green, Thornaby, Stockton on Tees, TS17 0AN.
The nature of business covers coaching, mentoring, internet marketing, affiliate marketing, information products (digital and physical).
What information will Karen Robinson Online collect about you?
When you access, download, sign up or subscribe to any of karenrobinsononline’s services, activities or online content (e.g. newsletters, web and mobile notifications), or when you telephone email or text “the company”, or subscribe to any services offered for or by “the company” and any of its affiliate partners, karenrobinsononline may receive personal information about you.
This can consist of information such as:
- your name,
- email address,
- postal address
- telephone or mobile number,
- financial details for purchases
- data about how you use the website,
- technical data such as IP address, log-in data, details about how you browse the website, page views, and navigation paths, length of visit to pages, time zone settings.
- Marketing and communication preferences
- Any other information directly disclosed or provided
Online transactions are handled by a safe, secure and fully encrypted processing system.
Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by karenrobinsononline.
How will karenrobinsononline use the data it collects about you?
karenrobinsononline will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to process financial transactions to process orders, provide products and services, activities or online content, and/or to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries. Keeping records of orders made and related communications
- to provide you with the most user-friendly, professional and personalised service by sending you communications on products or services you have purchased and reply to queries.
- for administration purposes, which means “the company” may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for (e.g. to update your mobile phone number, correspondence address or to facilitate the smooth running of any subscription that you may have, thereby covering matters such as payment collection, failed subscription transactions or renewal reminders)
- where karenrobinsononline provides personalised services, “the company” may analyse the information you supply, as well as your preferences, so as to offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, “the company” could have a new product and based on your current preferences, and previous history, would deem it in your, and its own, legitimate interest to share updates on any forthcoming developments
- if you are subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters, or disable personalisation, at any time
- karenrobinsononline may also show you or direct you towards relevant advertising on third party or affiliate sites.
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any correspondence or contact via email, letter, phone, text or on social media you have sent to karenrobinsononline about a product or service or “the company” in general
- for analysis and research purposes so that karenrobinsononline may improve the services offered by “the company”. This may include using past membership records where this helps to ensure you are offered an appropriate product or service ongoing.
- Analyse your use of the website. Administer and protect our website and business
- Comply with legal obligations as required by government and law
When will karenrobinsononline contact you?
karenrobinsononline may contact you:
- in relation to any service, or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that “the company” can deliver the service, e.g. to verify your personal details and the particulars to contact you with (e.g. email address, mobile phone number, correspondence address)
- in relation to any correspondence “the company” receives from you or any comment or complaint you make about any product or service offered, sold, promoted, recommended or written about by karenrobinsononline.
- in relation to any personalised services you are using
- to invite you to participate in surveys about any services (current or future) operated by “the company”
- to update you on any material changes to karenrobinsononline policies and practices
- for marketing purposes
- without prior dealings, karenrobinsononline will never contact you to ask for any personal or financial details. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from “the company” or associated to the business in any way.
Can you be contacted for marketing purposes?
karenrobinsononline will only send you marketing emails or contact you on social media platforms where you have agreed to this and where there is a legitimate interest for you, or “the company”, do so.
“The company” offers regular emails to let you know about products and services. From time to time you may also be contacted to give your views on any existing memberships which you have with karenrobinsononline.
This message can be personalised based upon any information you have previously provided to “the company”.
karenrobinsononline may use information that is held about you to show you relevant advertising on third party, or affiliate, sites.
This could involve showing you an advertising message where there is a legitimate interest on account of your previous dealings with “the company” such as a similar membership, written or verbal interest, opt-in to receive information or past transaction history.
If you want to stop all personalised services from “the company”, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites, please contact karenrobinsononline immediately via the details located at the bottom of this document.
Will karenrobinsononline share your information with anyone else?
karenrobinsononline will keep your information within “the company” except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described here or below.
“The company” may share your information with affiliate partners where the provision of a paid for service or subscription is dependent upon this to provide you with said service or subscription.
Generally, “the company” will only use your information within karenrobinsononline and will only share it outside where it is necessary, or you have requested it, or given your consent.
Sometimes karenrobinsononline uses third parties to process your information on its behalf, for example, to provide services or analysis. In doing so “the company” requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and karenrobinsononline requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
How long will karenrobinsononline keep your information?
“The company” will hold your personal information on its systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, membership or subscription, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with karenrobinsononline
.If you cancel or terminate a membership or subscription your active account for that product or service will be deleted immediately.
Can you delete your own data, and/or control its use?
At any time you can request that your details be erased. This can include any current subscription and payments details, any future correspondence details, and all records that relate to your association and dealings with karenrobinsononline.
This can be requested at any time and “the company” will make a full disclosure of all the details held about you which you can then order to be erased in whole or part from karenrobinsononline.
Likewise, you can request that any details held about you by “the company” be used, or not used, in any way which upholds your legal rights. For example, the use of any personal data for any marketing purposes by karenrobinsononline, or any other third party or affiliate partner.
Can you find out what personal information karenrobinsononline holds about you?
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information “the company” holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (You will not be charged for this procedure but, in keeping with standard practice, karenrobinsononline requires you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification).
“The company” will use reasonable efforts consistent with its legal duty to supply, correct, or delete personal information about you.
karenrobinsononline will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
• Passport (copy)
• Driving licence (copy)
• Birth certificate (copy)
• Utility bill (copy from last 3 months)
• Current vehicle registration document (copy)
- Bank statement (copy from last 3 months)
- Rent book (copy from last 3 months).
Protocol for credit card processing and subscription payments
No information relating to any financial transactions between you, as the customer, and karenrobinsononline (for instance, your credit/debit card number, expiry date or CVV security number) is stored, retained for future use or disclosed to any third party.
All transactions are processed in accordance with the rules governing best practice and the safe use, storage and transmission of all received credit/debit card data.
Your personal data is securely held on the database of karenrobinsononline on a server in a high-security centre.
Data protection laws give you rights in relation to personal data. You can request access, correction, deletion, object to processing and withdraw consent. If you wish to read anymore about these please see the Information Commission website. https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
We aim to respond to any requests within 30 days but this may be longer for complex requests. We will notify you if this is the case.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data and issues are not resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
If you do not agree to these changes, please contact karenrobinsononline immediately via the details located at the bottom of this document.
Data Protection Officer
79 The Green
Stockton on Tees
Any other questions about your personal details, their use and retention, should be directed to the Information Commissioner’s Office which can be contacted by phone on 0303 123 1113 or via the website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
© karenrobinsononline October 2018